One last hoorah!

Assessing yourself is really one of the only true ways to see how far you have grown as a person in comparison to your roots. This can be applied to anything, from past relationships, past jobs, past classes and for this essay’s main idea, past work done. After all the progress you made over the days weeks and even months its good to look back on what you have done, where you can improve on and ask yourself some of the burning questions you may have for yourself like “why do I write like this in the first place”. You might want to sound more formal and serious in your pursuits to show the main idea of what you want to write or you want to be a more laid back and casual narrator for your audience giving an almost personal connection almost like talking to someone in a regular conversation instead of talking to them in a piece of paper or on a big computer screen. For this semester I will be looking back on the work I had done almost like a little nostalgia trip and to see how far I’ve come.

To start things out we should probably look to where it all ended up beginning all the way back from our peer interviews from September almost a whole 3 months ago! I remember this essay quiet well because I as a writer didn’t have the confidence in my ability to move forward and flow my words together from the very beginning I didn’t want to be a formal writer of any sort due to how robotic I feel when doing such a thing. I want people to read what I’m writing and while reading get a sense of who I am instead of a robot spewing out information. I don’t think I did a good job doing that here though as I either gave only information and when I tried to stick a bit of my personality inside it ended up falling just a tad bit flat. Reading back on it now I get a sense of an uncanny feeling from myself if anything but slowly getting to the right way for one of my first attempts at truly branching out from the strictness of formal writing. It got me into the sense of adding a bit of myself and not just throwing out information can really provide a cleaver little read as there are little moments shine in the little rubble.

Taking what ended up working was a delight truly as when it came to my second essay writing about something I liked, my community that I was a part of for so long it felt almost as if the thoughts in my head went straight to the page! Well that wasn’t such a good idea either as a lot of organization needed to be done to buff and polish the edges of the mess that the Guilty Gear essay’s first draft turned out to be I almost changed my topic completely because I got way too lost in it! Though that helped me realize to just calm down and that an outline is always useful even if you do the bare minimum to follow it, an outline isn’t something to strictly follow like a highway to success, its more like a little dirt road. What do I mean by that? Well you can take it to the next town and you’ll be more than fine but by straying from it to the forest that’s just outside you might find something much more meaningful and expressive like a deer that could provide some inspiration before you get to your final destination. Writing about a topic I really loved showed me that and I feel a lot more confident writing now in comparison to before!

That being said why do I write? Well I cant say for certain but if I had to put my finger on it, I would say because it helps express myself since I don’t speak too much from worry that I’ll say things at the wrong times or say something silly. Writing is a small environment where I have free reign on what is said and can look back and fix things if I need to! The experiences these essays have taught me were very useful in what I should learn and how I should approach things in the future. Now with all that said and done that is it the final essay to this portfolio! I’ll come back and visit! Maybe add a song here and there still never got around to finding out how that works, either way bye bye!